Canadians love watching sports like hockey, baseball, UFC MMA, golf, boxing, soccer, and even Spain’s La Liga and the German Bundesliga, but many of the popular sports streaming services is blocked.
The big three networks in the US (ESPN+, Fox Sports, and NBC Sports) are all blocked in Canada. This can make it hard to watch your favorite teams play on ESPN+ in Canada. but you can stream ESPN+ in Canada on any of the devices with the help of a reliable VPN.
Now, the question is “How do I get ESPN+ on my Roku?” This question can be easily answered by downloading the official ESPN app on Roku. The app is free to download and use, but you’ll need an ESPN Plus or cable subscription.
Another way is to get access of ESPN+ from a live TV streaming app like Hulu or YouTube TV.
Both of these apps offer ESPN Plus as part of their channel lineup, so you can watch ESPN live without any blackouts.
How to Get ESPN+ App on Roku?
To watch ESPN on Roku, you’ll need a subscription to Roku’s service. You’ll also require a valid internet connection and television that supports your Roku player.
If you don’t have an ESPN Plus membership, follow these steps to acquire it:
- Go to ESPN Plus’ official website.
- You’ll see an option to combine ESPN+ with Disney+ and Hulu for CAD $16.96 (US $12.99) per month. For this bundle, click on the “Get all three” button. To subscribe to ESPN Plus just, go to the “Subscribe to ESPN+ only” link.
- On the next screen, use your existing ESPN Plus credentials to log in. If you don’t already have one, create new login details for your new account of ESPN Plus on this page.
- Simply type your payment information into the form provided, and you’re done. You now have an active ESPN Plus membership.
Once you’ve done that, there are two ways to install the ESPN+ Roku app. You may either use your web browser to download the program or install it on your Roku device immediately:
- Visit the Roku Channel Store from your web browser or using your Roku player.
- Look for the ESPN Roku app.
- To begin the installation, click the “Add channel” button.
- After the installation is complete, open the ESPN app and log in using your login information.
- Start watching by going to the “ESPN+” tab.
Even if you already have an ESPN Plus membership, when you log in, you may be asked to renew your subscription. If this happens, follow the guidelines below to reconnect your account with your subscription:
- Navigate to the “Settings” page of your ESPN Roku app.
- Select “Subscriptions,” then “ESPN+”.
- Using your login info, copy the activation code shown on your screen.
- Go to https://espn.com/activate and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enter the activation code and click “Continue” once you’ve done that.
- If you already have an ESPN account, use it; if not, create one.
The ESPN app is a great way to stream live sports. You’ll need to check the instructions for your specific platform, but you may use this method on any supported device.
Can You Watch ESPN+ on Older Roku Models?
The following legacy models are not supported by Roku Plus:
|Roku 2 HD – 3000X||Roku LT – 2450X|
|Roku 2 XS – 3100X/EU||Roku LT – 2400X/EU|
|Roku 2 XD – 3050X||Roku Streaming Stick – 3420X|
|Roku HD – 2500X||Roku Streaming Stick – 3400X|
If you have one of the older Roku models, and you still wish to watch ESPN Plus, try casting using a supported Chromecast device. And if your previous Roku device isn’t on this list of legacy devices, follow the same process as above to download and view ESPN Plus.
How to Watch ESPN+ on Roku With a Live TV App?
Each year, more and more people get rid of their cable subscriptions. And when they do, they overwhelmingly switch to live TV apps like Hulu + Live TV and YouTube TV.
Both YouTube TV and Hulu + Live TV feature ESPN, as well as affiliated networks such as ESPN U and ESPN 2. You may watch ESPN live and record programs to view later using these services.
What Devices Are Supported by ESPN Plus?
Here is the list of devices supported by ESPN+.
|Other Supported Devices of ESPN|
|Amazon Kindle Fire (1st Generation or newer)||Chromecast|
|Amazon Fire tablets (4th Generation or newer)||iPad (running iOS 11 or greater)|
|Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick||iPhone and iPod Touch (running iOS 11 or greater)|
|Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TVs||Oculus Go|
|Android phones and tablets (OS 5.0 or greater)||PlayStation 4|
|Android TV devices (select models)||Roku players|
|Apple TV devices (3rd Generation or newer)||Samsung Smart TVs (select models)|
How to Download ESPN Plus Content on Roku?
The ESPN Plus app does not have an offline viewing mode. This only works with the mobile app, so you won’t be able to access ESPN Plus material on Roku devices or other streaming media players. The same may be said for any other service that offers offline viewing.
While you can’t download material to watch offline on your streaming media player because the gadget requires an internet connection to function, they won’t let you do it.
It’s worth noting that while ESPN Plus allows mobile and tablet users to watch content without an internet connection, only certain material may be downloaded.
There are some ESPN Plus titles that aren’t available for offline viewing. You should be able to download its scripted series and documentaries and watch them without an internet connection, however.
How Do I Cancel My ESPN+ Subscription On The Roku Website?
You can cancel ESPN+ membership from being charged to your Roku account using the instructions below at any time via the Roku website:
- Navigate to roku.com on your smartphone or computer.
- Tap on Manage Your Subscriptions.
- You’ll see all Roku-billed subscriptions, as well as terms and renewal dates, when the My subscriptions page loads.
- Pick an ESPN+ subscription and click Unsubscribe to terminate it.
- When prompted, confirm your decision.
In this article, we covered how to watch ESPN Plus on Roku. Whether you have a subscription or not, we have provided you with all the necessary steps to make sure that you can stream your favorite sports via ESPN+ on your Roku device.
Therefore by using a premium VPN to access ESPN Plus in Canada along with other streaming services such as IFC TV in Canada.
We have also mentioned a list of devices that are supported by ESPN+. I hope this article was helpful in getting you set up to watch ESPN Plus on your Roku device.
If you have any questions or run into any issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for assistance.
Leave a Reply