You want to watch HBO Max on Firestick but you don’t know how. We’ve got two methods for you- one involving downloading an APK from the downloader app and another one involving Amazon App Store.
If you’re a fan of HBO originals, then you’ll love HBO Max. Amongst all other streaming platforms, it’s the only one that has all of the HBO originals as well as your favorite TV shows and movies outside of HBO. Moreover, Max, the outcome of the merger between HBO Max and Discovery Plus, symbolizes a new era of streaming that focuses on delivering quality content and a seamless user interface.
Now that you know about HBO Max, we’re sure you’re wondering how to get HBO Max in Canada on your Firestick.
Whichever method you choose, we guarantee that you’ll be able to watch The Last of Us Season 1 on HBO Max.
How To Watch HBO Max on Your Firestick Using Downloader APP
HBO Max is exclusively available in the United States. If you’re traveling to Canada and want to watch Max, but don’t have a VPN on your FireStick, you’ll need to set up and use ExpressVPN.
- Make a Connection between your Firestick and television.
- Go to the Firestick Home Menu and choose the Search option.
- Select the first result when looking for “Downloader.”
- After it’s downloaded, open the downloader program.
- Now, copy and paste this: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/warnermedia-direct-llc/hbo-max-stream-hbo-tv-movies-more/ into the search bar.
- To begin, download and run this APK file.
- Once the program has been downloaded and launched, return to the Home Menu.
- Select Apps from the menu on the left side of the screen and then open the Firestick app.
- Log in using your login information.
- Watch Max on Firestick and enjoy.
If you’re having trouble using the app, download the Mouse Pointer app for Firestick, which is a mouse that allows you to quickly access any program on your Firestick.
Since HBO Max isn’t available in Canada, Install and use ExpressVPN on FireStick before streaming anything to get access to the app.
How To Install HBO Max on Firestick using Amazon App Store?
Follow the below steps to install and watch Max on Firestick by using Amazon App Store:
- Open the Amazon App Store on your Firestick.
- Type “HBO Max” in the search bar and click on the search result that appears.
- Select HBO Max from the list of apps.
- To acquire, choose to Get from the drop-down menu.
- Open the HBO Max app on your Firestick.
- Choose Free Trial, login, or Browse from the top menu to access it.
- Take a look at some of today’s newest HBO Max Originals episodes 8.
What Are The Best VPNs to Watch HBO Max on Firestick in Canada
The best 3 VPNs to get HBO Max on Firestick in 2022 are:
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN for Streaming HBO Max on Firestick in Canada
In terms of simplicity of use, brilliant security, and rapid server speeds, ExpressVPN is our top pick to watch HBO Max on Firestick.
The VPN service provider has3000+ servers servers in 94+ countries countries and cross-platform software, which is one of its finest characteristics.
It has 20+ US servers with lightning-fast streaming speeds at a price of CA$ 8.96/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) . The Media streamer is great for streaming HBO Max on gaming consoles that don’t support VPNs.
Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to get HBO Max on Firestick in Canada
Surfshark is recognized to be the most cost-effective VPN in the market to watch Max on Firestick, with a monthly fee of only CA$ 3.35/mo (US$ 2.49/mo) . in exchange for exceptional unblocking and fast speeds.
It also allows you to share your accounts with your family and buddies, as well as provide limitless multi-logins. In addition, Surfshark is compatible with HBO Max. Even in HD, all you have to do is connect to one of the highly optimized US servers to watch HBO Max.
Surfshark works with devices that don’t usually support VPNs and supports the Smart DNS function. Surfshark has 3200+ servers servers in 65+ countries locations worldwide.
The Surfshark software is compatible with all streaming media players and platforms.
NordVPN – Largest Server Network to get HBO Max on Firestick in Canada
NordVPN has a lot of servers, 5310+ servers servers in 59+ countries countries, and they are fast.
SmartPlay is the best feature of NordVPN because it allows you to watch HBO Max even if your device doesn’t support VPNs. It also supports Smart DNS technology and includes a kill switch on all clients.
The software is available for Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, Android, and manual installation on certain routers. A NordVPN subscription for CA$ 4.42/mo (US$ 3.29/mo) with a 30-day money-back guarantee, making it an excellent HBO Max streaming choice in Canada.
How To Troubleshoot HBO Max Errors on Firestick in Canada?
Following are all of the methods for resolving HBO Max issues.
- The HBO Max app for Fire Stick must be updated.
- You should update your Fire Stick’s operating system. In order for certain apps and services to operate correctly, your Amazon Fire Stick may require an upgrade to the operating system.
- Power down your Internet and modem for a couple of minutes. If you’re having trouble streaming video or if your downloads aren’t working, try restarting just the modem and router instead of both at the same time.
- Cancel any other downloads on your computer or smart device. When a lot of data is being downloaded on the same Wi-Fi network by a computer or smart device, the internet may slow down for everyone.
- HBO Max should be restarted. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Apps > HBO Max and press OK. The app can be closed by pressing the Force Stop button.
- On your Fire Stick, clear the cache. This takes only a few seconds but can help you fix problems and speed up your Fire Stick considerably.
- Repeat the process for your Fire TV device. To power down and restart the streaming stick, press and hold the Select and Play buttons until it shuts off. This will reset the streaming stick, hopefully resolving any problems with HBO Max.
- If you don’t want to watch HBO Max any longer, sign out of it. To log out of the HBO Max website, go to www.hbomax.com and select Profile > Manage Devices > Fire Stick > Sign Out.
- Reinstall the HBO Max app. The download of the software could have been damaged. Uninstall the program and then re-download it as HBO Max for Fire Stick.
- Reset your Fire Stick device. As a last resort, you can only reset your Amazon Fire Stick to the factory setting.
- You may access HBO Max on a different device. HBO Max is accessible on a variety of devices, including popular game consoles. If the app won’t work on your Fire Stick, try it on another device.
HBO Max Loading Error on Firestick
The Fire Stick is having trouble loading movies and TV episodes. The HBO Max app is regularly the consequence of a fault with the HBO Max service, slow or disconnected internet connection, or software anomalies with the app or Fire Stick operating system.
If you’re still having difficulties with HBO Max loading after following the techniques above, try to call HBO Max customer support at 1-855-442-6629 if all else fails.
HBO Max Buffering Issue on Firestick
Check to see whether HBO Max on the device is current and, if not, update it. After closing all other applications or programs, restart the device.
Restart your local router after doing so, but first, verify that your internet connection is running smoothly with other apps as well.
Is Max Replacing HBO Max?
Yes, Max is the rebranded version of HBO Max, resulting from the merger with Discovery Plus, providing subscribers with an enhanced streaming experience.
How To Get HBO Max on Firestick in Canada?: FAQs
What is an Amazon Firestick?
The Amazon Fire Stick runs on the Android operating system and converts your standard television into a smart television. You can also play Android applications and listen to music on them.
How do I change the country on my Amazon Firestick?
You’re asked to re-register your device again. Enter your Amazon account information again if you want to use your Amazon Fire TV in a new supported country.
Can you get HBO Max on your Firestick?
After you’ve installed HBO Max on your Firestick, you’ll need to sign in with your current account. All Amazon Fire TV devices, not just the Firestick, can access HBO Max.
On Amazon Firestick, how can I download HBO Max?
When HBO Max appears as a search result, type it in and choose it. From the Apps & Games menu, select HBO Max. Get from the app’s information page is where you’ll find this option.
Allow the program to download before executing it. It’s simple! Install and start watching your favorite shows.
Why is HBO Max freezing on my Firestick?
How can you update HBO Max on your Firestick?
Follow the steps below:
- If you’re using HBO Max on your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick instead of upgrading your sideload software, you should uninstall the program and reinstall the official version instead.
- Select and highlight the HBO Max App you wish to update on the Fire TV’s home screen.
- When you press the Menu button on your remote while an app you wish to update is highlighted, a menu will appear in the lower right corner of your screen. Select More Details from the drop-down menu.
- The app’s information screen will display. This screen usually includes an Open button, but if there is a new update for the software, there will also be an Update button. To force the software to upgrade, click the Update button.
- Regardless of whether you previously installed the app on your device, if you download it from the Amazon Appstore, it will always send you the most recent update.
Why is HBO Max now called Max?
If you’re looking for a way to watch HBO Max in Canada, the Amazon Fire Stick is a great option. In this article, we’ve outlined a few simple steps on how to get HBO Max on Firestick.
We’ve also provided some tips on how to troubleshoot any issues you may be having with streaming the service.
If you’re still having trouble getting the app to work properly on your device, don’t worry- we’ve got you covered. Try calling HBO Max customer support or following one of our troubleshooting tips for help. Enjoy!