You want to watch HBO Max on your Roku device that offers a ton of different channels that include film streaming options like Netflix, Hulu, BBC Iplayer, Amazon Prime, and Sling TV in Canada but you’re not sure how.
The good news is that it’s easy to get HBO Max on your Roku! There are a few different ways of doing this.
- One way is by searching for the channel in the “Streaming Channels” menu on your device.
- Another option is by logging into the website and adding it through the Channel Store page.
No matter which method you choose, you’ll need to sign up for a subscription in order to watch HBO Max in Canada on Roku. The app is free to download, but the content is only accessible with a paid subscription.
Let’s dive into how to add HBO Max on Roku.
How To Watch HBO Max On Roku Through ‘Streaming Channels’?
This is the simplest method to watch HBO Max on your Roku, along with any other app you want.
- Select Streaming Channels on your Roku device’s home screen, then scroll down to the left side to see it.
- If it isn’t there, go down to pick Search Channels.
- Find and select HBO Max from the list of suggested channels when it appears in the search results.
- When you find HBO Max, select it using the control button.
- After that, click Add Channel to add HBO Max.
HBO Max should now appear in your app list after you’ve restarted. You may once again go to your home page and discover HBO Max there as well. To get started, open it and log into your account.
How to Watch HBO Max on Roku using the website?
Many people are unaware of this, but you may add any app to your Roku device by visiting the Roku website.
- Log into your Roku account if you haven’t already.
- Select Channel store from the list of options in the upper-right corner after hovering over your account symbol.
- Locate HBO Max in the lineup of featured channels and click +Add channel, or type it into the search bar and then select Details before clicking +Add channel.
HBO Max will be on your Roku’s home page the next time you turn it on. Open it and log in to your HBO Max account.
How To Troubleshoot HBO Max on Roku in Canada?
Several users have complained about the HBO Max app freezing or crashing frequently after opening it on Roku streaming devices since the launch of HBO Max on Roku streaming devices.
While Roku stated that HBO is responsible for keeping the software up to date, HBO claimed that the problem had been addressed with an update several months ago.
That’s why, in order to help you with your HBO Max streaming problems on Roku, we’ve prepared a list of several different troubleshooting techniques. They are as follows:
- Restart your Roku gadget.
- Try signing out on all of your devices and then logging in again.
- Reinstall HBO Max to see if it helps.
- Before you dig into HBO Max, make sure the app has completely loaded on the home screen.
- Browse through HBO Max content using Roku Search and play the film right there.
- Start watching HBO Max material on another device, then switch back to your Roku device and continue where you left off.
If none of the preceding methods work, you may want to erase your Roku device’s cache and data. Here are the steps for either of those actions:
How to clear Roku’s cache and data
- Select the Home tab from the main menu.
- Hold down the Home button on your Roku device for five seconds.
- Then, twice, tap the Up and Rewind buttons.
- Press the Fast Forward button twice then your device must start clearing the cache.
How to update your Roku device
- Go to Settings on your Roku device.
- Select System from the drop-down menu.
- Select System Update from the list of options below it.
- Press Check Now to begin the installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the process.
How to Cancel HBO Max on Roku?
On Roku Streaming Device:
- Select the HBO Max app from a Roku streaming device.
- Tap the star button on your remote.
- Select Manage Subscription from the options menu.
- Then choose Cancel Subscription from the drop-down menu that appears.
On Roku Site:
- Go to my.roku.com
- Go to Manage Account
- Select Manage Subscriptions
- Then select Active Subscriptions
- Choose Cancel subscription next to HBO Max.
How To Watch HBO Max on Roku In Canada? FAQs:
Is HBO Max free on Roku?
No, HBO Max is not free on Roku. You must pay for a subscription in order to access the app.
After the 30-day trial period is up, Roku will charge your payment method the then-current monthly plan cost for HBO Max on a monthly basis.
(current cost of HBO Max: $14.99 per month + taxes – Ad-Free and $9.99 per month + taxes – With Ads).
Why HBO Max is not working on Roku?
Check to see whether your Roku has the most recent software. After that, go to Settings > System > System update. Then press the Home button on the remote and select Check now from the drop-down menu. This will update your Roku streaming device and channels with new software.
This article explains two different ways to add HBO Max to your Roku device. The first way is by searching for the channel in the “Streaming Channels” menu on your device.
The second option is by logging into the website and adding it through the Channel Store page.
We have also covered several methods for troubleshooting HBO Max on Roku streaming devices. If the standard methods don’t work, the article provides instructions for clearing the cache and data on a Roku device or updating its software.
Finally, you will find instructions for canceling a subscription to HBO Max on Roku.
Thank you for reading this article. We hope that the information provided has been helpful. If you have any further questions or problems, please feel free to reach out to us via commenting below.