There are a lot of live TV streaming services out there, but YouTube TV is one of the best due to its price and an extensive number of channels. But its unlimited digital video recorder (DVR) feature is what really sets it apart, letting you record any program you want, including shows, movies, live sports, and more.
The unlimited DVR feature on Youtube TV lets you record any program you want and watch it later on any device. This makes it perfect for catching up with your favorite shows or watching sports that aren’t being broadcast at the time.
In this article, we will show you how to record on Youtube TV Canada. First, we’ll go to the step-by-step guide on how to use it, then we’ll give you a quick overview of the benefits and features of the DVR.
So if you’re ready to start using your Youtube DVR, read on!
How To DVR on YouTube TV Movies and Shows via Mobile?
Following are the steps to DVR on YouTube TV movies and shows through the use of mobile:
- Go to the YouTube TV app on your iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner of the app.
- Type in the name of the show or movie you would like to record.
- Tap on the Plus (+) sign next to the title to add it to your recording queue.
- If you don’t want to add it to your recording queue immediately, tap on the title of the show or movie for more information.
- Once you’ve added a show or movie to your recording queue, the Plus (+) sign will turn into a checkmark. YouTube TV will now automatically record every episode of that show or movie.
How To DVR on YouTube TV Movies and Shows via Web?
Following are the steps to DVR on YouTube TV movies and shows through the use of the web:
- Go to the YouTube TV website.
- In the top-right corner, tap on the search symbol.
- Fill in the search bar with the name of the movie or show you want to record.
- Select the search result that most closely matches your criteria.
- A pop-up window will appear that provides more information about the film or TV series, as well as a complete list of airings and seasons to watch.
- To add a show or movie to your library, click on the plus (+) sign next to it. That’s all there is to it!
- Every episode of that program going forward, as well as every airing of a chosen film, will be recorded in the unlimited DVR of YouTube TV.
How To DVR on YouTube TV Movies and Shows via Your TV?
For this section, we’ll be using an NVIDIA Shield TV running Android TV. However, the experience should be identical whether you’re using an Apple TV or your television’s built-in YouTube TV app.
- In the top-right corner of the YouTube TV home screen, select the search button.
- Search for the movie by typing its title in the search bar, suggestions will appear.
- Once your show or movie appears, scroll to the right and pick it up.
- Select the plus (+) icon to add the movie or show to your library.
- You’ll receive a notification that the program or film has been added to your library. Every episode of that show or movie will be recorded by YouTube TV’s unlimited DVR.
How Does the YouTube TV DVR Work?
YouTube TV’s DVR feature is one of its most touted features, and for good reason. It’s easy to use and it automatically records your favorite programs.
The YouTube TV DVR works well, but it can be confusing to use at first. The feature is called a library instead of a DVR, and you add programs to your library in order to record them. This can be a little confusing if you’re used to using a DVR from another service.
To add a program to your library, simply navigate to the show’s page on YouTube TV and click the Add To Library button.
From there, you can choose whether you want to record just the current episode, all episodes, or only new episodes. You can also choose whether you want to store the recording on YouTube TV or your local device.
Programs recorded in this manner can be found by going to the My Library section of the YouTube TV website or app.
However, the automatic recording feature works well, and I haven’t had any trouble accessing my recorded programs.
Overall, the YouTube TV DVR works well and is a great addition to the service.
What Are The Features Of YouTube TV DVR?
YouTube TV doesn’t have the term “DVR,” but it offers one of the most comprehensive DVR feature sets available. There are only a few restrictions, and they’re well worth it. The following are some of YouTube TV’s DVR highlights:
Live recording: One of the great things about YouTube TV is that it offers live recording of all its programs. This means that you can record a program as it’s airing and watch it later. This is a great feature for those who missed a show or want to watch it again.
Fast-forwarding live TV: Fast-forwarding live TV is a great way to skip through commercials and get to the parts of the show that you’re interested in.
Recording while watching another program: If you’re watching a program and want to record the one you’re currently watching, as well as the one that’s airing afterward, all you need to do is add the show to your library.
No Limitations on simultaneous recordings: The YouTube TV DVR has no limitations on the number of simultaneous recordings. This means that you can record as many programs as you want at the same time.
This is a great feature for those who want to record multiple programs at once. It’s also a great way to make sure you never miss your favorite show.
No DVR storage limits: YouTube TV’s DVR storage limits are some of the best in the business. There are no storage limits on the number of simultaneous recordings, and recordings can be stored indefinitely.
Cloud DVR: YouTube TV’s Cloud DVR is another great feature that sets it apart from the competition. With Cloud DVR, you can store your recordings in the cloud and access them from anywhere. This is a great feature for those who want to watch their recordings on the go.
How to Watch Shows With the YouTube TV DVR?
You may view a recorded episode of your favorite show at any time by using the YouTube TV app or website’s Library tab. Your programs are kept for nine months in the cloud and may be viewed on any device within that time period.
Following are the steps to watch shows with the YouTube TV DVR:
- Go to tv.youtube.com.
- Tap on LIBRARY.
- Tap on the show to be watched.
- Tap the episode to be watched in the default tab.
- If not in the default tab, then choose Episodes.
- Choose the episode to be watched.
- If there are more than one episode has been recorded, or if the video on demand (VOD) versions exist, select the play button next to the version to be watched.
- The recorded show will then be played.
How To Delete Recordings on YouTube TV DVR?
There’s no need to delete your recordings on the YouTube TV DVR – there’s no limit to how many shows you can record! However, if you want to remove a program from your library, here’s how to do it:
- Find a program in the library you wish to remove.
- Tap on the “Checkmark” symbol.
- The checkmark will turn into a + symbol, and the show will no longer be available in your library.
- If you wish to re-record the program in the future, simply return and click the + symbol again.
YouTube TV’s DVR is one of the best in the business. With Cloud DVR, you can store your recordings in the cloud and access them from anywhere. This is a great feature for those who want to watch their recordings on the go.
In this article, we have discussed how to DVR on YouTube TV in Canada. We have looked at the many great features of YouTube TV’s DVR. These features include live recording, fast-forwarding live TV, simultaneous recordings, no storage limits, and Cloud DVR.
We have also looked at how to watch shows with the DVR and how to delete recordings.
I hope you have found this article helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.