Are you looking for methods to watch YouTube TV in Canada? Why wouldn’t you?
YouTube TV is only available in the United States. It is not available anywhere else, but you can watch YouTube TV in Canada by using a VPN because it lets you go to other places on the internet.
The subscription streaming service offers on-demand video, live TV, and cloud-based DVR from over 85 television networks, including the mysteries of 13 reasons why, comedy-thriller Killing Eve, and fantasy adventure Jumanji.
If you try to watch YouTube TV Canada without a VPN, You will see a message on the screen that says:
“It looks like you’re outside of the United States. YouTube TV is only available in the US”
The easiest methods to watch and stream all of your favorite shows on YouTube TV are outlined in this brief guide on how to watch YouTube TV in Canada?
What are the Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Canada?
There are hundreds of VPN services that show how to unblock YouTube TV in Canada but when we tested and follow the procedure told by them, results were not up to the mark. Only a few VPNs are capable enough to bypass geo-restricted streaming services in Canada.
Following is the list of best Youtube TV VPNs for watching YouTube TV in Canada. ExpressVPN stands on top amongst best YouTube TV VPNs.
Best VPNs to watch YouTube TV in Canada
ExpressVPN: The Best YouTube TV VPN Overall. Offers 1080+ U.S. servers in 14 American cities. 7-day free trial for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back guarantee available. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 12-Months + 3 Months free plan.
Surfshark: YouTube TV VPN For Fast Streaming. Offers 500+ U.S. servers in 20+ American cities. 7-day free trial for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back guarantee on all plans. Starts at $2.49/mo on a 2-year plan.
NordVPN: Secure VPN to Watch YouTube TV. Offers 1,970+ U.S. servers in 15+ American cities. 7-day free trial for Android and iOS devices. 30-days money-back guarantee on all plans. Starts at $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan.
IPVanish: YouTube TV VPN with Special Servers. Offers 860+ U.S. servers in 15+ American cities for expatriates. No WebRTC/DNS/IP address leak issues. 30-days refund guarantee available. Starts at $2.92/mo on a 1-year plan.
CyberGhost: YouTube TV VPN with Reliable Servers. Offers 1503+ U.S. servers in 11+ American cities for expatriates. DNS and IP leak protection. 45-days refund guarantee available. Starts at $2.25/mo on a 1-year plan.
ExpressVPN-The Best VPN for Streaming YouTube TV in Canada
ExpressVPN Speed Test Data
|Average Connection Speed – North America (USA)||135.7 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Europe (US)||134 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Asia (Hong Kong)||136 Mbps|
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Product is a Little Expensive
- $6.67/mo for a 1-yr plan + 3 months free
ExpressVPN Dashboard after installing
ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands and was founded in 2011. ExpressVPN is the ideal choice for removing geo-restrictions on content and making it easier to watch YouTube TV in Canada because it’s quick and secure.
For ensuring strong security, ExpressVPN and PwC Switzerland audited it, and it provides warranties for its security features. Due to ExpressVPN’s safe location in the British Virgin Islands, Five, Nine, and Fourteen eye alliances can’t bypass it.
Furthermore, for all 3,000+ servers in 94+ countries, the service utilizes TrustedServer Technology.
ExpressVPN uses RAM infrastructure, which means it does not keep any logs and you may benefit from your torrenting and streaming activities.
YouTube TV in Canada and other streaming services are unblocked thanks to ExpressVPN’s TrustedServer Technology.
The ExpressVPN app supports up to five devices, such as Firestick and Apple TVs. There’s only one VPN that offers Router Applications, and it’s ExpressVPN. This saves you money by not buying a pre-configured router.
Users of iOS and Android can test the app by taking a 7-day free trial and you can install the ExpressVPN application directly from Google Play or Apple App Stores.
Surfshark – Fast Streaming for YouTube TV in Canada
Surfshark Speed Test Data
|Average Connection Speed – North America (USA)||170 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Europe (US)||230 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Asia (Hong Kong)||220 Mbps|
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Broader Audit Required
- $3.71/mo for a 2-yr plan
SurfShark Dashboard after installing
SurfShark is located in the British Virgin Islands and was founded in 2018. SurfShark works well for watching YouTube TV in Canada, as Cure53 (a security firm) verified it and that’s why there aren’t many problems with connectivity.
Surfshark utilizes an industry-standard OpenVPN protocol to interfere with the AES-256-GCM cipher on the data channel when regulating channels for strong security.
Surfshark allows you to access YouTube TV and other comparable streaming services due to the large number of specialized servers that utilize obfuscation technology to transform VPN traffic into HTTPS normal traffic.
Also, making sure there are no streaming issues while watching YouTube TV Canada from anywhere.
One of the benefits of Surfshark is that it allows you to log in on as many devices as you want to unblock YouTube TV in Canada, unlike its competitors, which restrict connections to 5 to 10 devices. This helps you stream YouTube TV on numerous devices (like Apple TV, FireStick TV, and many more) without any limits.
Affordable VPN Subscriptions
NordVPN – Secure VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada
NordVPN Speed Test Data
|Average Connection Speed – North America (USA)||111.7 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Europe (US)||122.3 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Asia (Hong Kong)||112.0 Mbps|
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Works with US/US/JP Netflix
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Support Needs Improvement
- $2.49/mo for a 2-yr plan
NordVPN Dashboard after installing
NordVPN is based in Panama and was founded in 2012. NordVPN is a highly secure VPN because of its sophisticated features and ease of use, which allows you to access YouTube TV in Canada.
PwC Switzerland (a security firm) audited NordVPN, therefore it guarantees your data is safe at all times.
Due to the many specialized servers that use obfuscation technology to convert VPN traffic into HTTPS normal traffic, NordVPN allows you to access YouTube TV Canada and other similar streaming sites from anywhere in the world.
There are no WebRTC/DNS/IP address leaks, so accessing YouTube TV in Canada is a breeze.
NordVPN allows you to access restricted material and protects you from malware scams. This is due to the “CyberSec” option, which enables users to improve their online privacy and security. It also aids in speeding up your surfing by removing distracting advertisements.
Users of iOS and Android can test the app by taking a 7-day free trial and you can install the application directly from Google Play or Apple App Stores.
IPVanish – Special Servers for YouTube TV in Canada
IPVanish Speed Test Data
|Average Connection Speed – North America (USA)||72 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Europe (US)||31.3 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Asia (Hong Kong)||52.3 Mbps|
- 1,600+ Servers in 75+ Countries
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks
- 24/7 Live Customer Support
- Up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Basic Security Features
IPVanish Dashboard after installing
IPVanish is based in the United States and was founded in 2012. IPVanish is another excellent VPN for accessing YouTube TV in Canada, offering a low-cost, high-value solution. It also has a no-logs policy, which keeps your privacy safe.
You can quickly access blocked websites using IPVanish since it has more than 1600+ servers in 75+ countries, allowing you to easily unblock content across the world, particularly in streaming services like YouTube TV Canada.
You may also install applications for all major platforms (Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android) and link up to 10 different devices under a single account.
IPVanish is excellent for users who enjoy downloading torrents since it has three features (Split Tunneling, Automatic Kill Switch, and DPI Prevention) that keep your privacy while you communicate with p2p/file sharing.
IPVanish develops SOCKS5 web proxies so you may use uTorrent or BitTorrent clients to customize your downloads for quick speeds.
Besides YouTube TV, IPVanish can also unblock TVNZ in Canada.
CyberGhost – Reliable Servers for YouTube TV
Cyber Ghost Speed Test Data
|Average Connection Speed – North America (USA)||78.7 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Europe (US)||54.7 Mbps|
|Average Connection Speed – Asia (Hong Kong)||39.3 Mbps|
- 7400+ Servers in 91+ Countries
- 45-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Zero DNS/IP leaks
- 24/7 Live Customer Support
- Up to 7 simultaneous connections
- No third-party audit
- Confusing privacy policies
CyberGhost VPN Dashboard after installing
CyberGhost VPN is located in Romania’s capital city of Bucharest, and it was founded in 2011. CyberGhost VPN is a highly secure VPN as It is simple to use and supports all major protocols.
You may easily watch YouTube TV in Canada using CyberGhost VPN. It works on four encryption/protocols which are AES-256, OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec, and strictly possesses a no-logs policy that keeps your privacy anonymous.
It is compatible with most current systems and devices, including Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
CyberGhost VPN allows you to connect up to seven devices at the same time, making it very easy to set up VPN software on numerous platforms.
CyberGhost VPN offers somewhat more flexibility than most other VPNs, allowing users to access file-sharing and p2p without issue.
This feature distinguishes CyberGhost from the competition. CyberGhost has a dedicated server for YouTube TV, which is refreshed every time you stream it.
Besides YouTube TV, CyberGhost VPN can also unblock CraveTV in Canada.
Why is a VPN Required to Watch YouTube TV in Canada?
If you try to access geo-restricted websites, they can tell where your location is. So if you try to access YouTube TV in Canada, it will know where you are.
A VPN is a service that can help you change your IP address to any location. When you connect to an American server, the VPN provider sends your traffic to its server in the US.
When you trick YouTube TV with your location, it helps you to access content that is only available to people in the US. That’s why a VPN lets you watch YouTube TV if you live in Canada.
What are the Criteria to Choose the Best VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada?
Is this the right question to ask? How do you pick one VPN so that you can access YouTube TV in Canada when there are many options available?
Some VPNs are better for speed, others have a greater network of servers around the world. Some in their security, other take out geo-blocks. But what’s expected from a good service these days? That’s why we selected the best providers that fit our criteria:
- VPN app should unblock big streaming platforms like American Netflix, HBO Max, ABC TV, Sling TV, Channel 4, and Hulu in Canada.
- It is at a higher level, with more sites than before. It can also manage any slow connection you have from other regions.
- Get a VPN provider that provides a no-logs policy for you so your information does not get monitored.
- It should work with the top operating systems and device types.
- It must be able to provide the best customer service for remedying user queries time and again.
- It would be a great one when the customer is encouraged to get a money-back guarantee.
How to subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada?
To subscribe to a YouTube TV subscription in Canada, follow these steps:
How to SignUp for U.S. PayPal Account in Canada?
To subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada, you need to get a valid US PayPal ID. You can either ask a friend or family member in the United States for their PayPal account, or you can acquire it yourself by following the steps below:
- Connect to a VPN server in the US.
- Sign up by giving an email that you’ve never used before. Fill in all of your information correctly, including a credit card number along with your real address.
- Enter your postal code as a US zip code. Remove the letters and make them all numbers. Add two zeroes at the end of it.
- Enter this number into a USPS website. Then make sure it works. If it doesn’t, change one of the zeros at the end to a 1.
- Lastly, you need to put in your real street address and the US city address found on the USPS website.
How to SignUp for a U.S Gmail Account in Canada?
To set up your U.S Gmail account, follow these steps:
- To create a new email account, go to Google.
- Make sure you choose the United States as your country when you are signing up.
- Verify the email with your phone number.
- That’s it! Now you can use a U.S. email for your YouTube TV account.
Now that you have completed all the necessary tasks, it’s time for your final activity to subscribe to YouTube TV.
- Go to YouTube TV.
- Create an account with your new US Gmail account.
- To use PayPal, then you need to sign in with your US PayPal account.
- You will automatically receive a $1.00 refund after you sign up, so make sure that you have at least $1.00 in the account before you join.
- You can now watch YouTube TV in Canada.
Right now, YouTube TV is $54.99 for 3 months and then $64.99 after that.
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Different Devices?
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Android Devices?
To watch YouTube TV in Canada, you have to change the location of your Google Play Store from Canada to the USA. Here is how you can do that.
- You can watch YouTube TV on your Android device if you download and sign up for a VPN first.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to the server in the US.
- Tap on the hamburger menu in the Google Play Store and go to Account.
- Select a location for the United States.
- To access YouTube TV, download its app from the App Store.
- Open the YouTube TV app. Sign in to watch it on your phone in Canada.
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
Like Android, you need to change your App Store account to the USA to get YouTube TV in Canada. You can watch YouTube TV in Canada on your iPhone or iPad by:
- To change your profile settings, click on the Settings button on your phone and go to “Profile“.
- To see the account, tap and then enter the passcode or touch ID.
- Go to the country section and change country to the United States.
- Once you click on the United States, a new page will open called Terms and Conditions. You need to make sure that you agree with this page on your computer to go any further.
- Now you need to enter the address for your home. You need to give the United States address and postal code.
- Now just hit “Done” and the process will start.
- After you’re done, your App Store region is now the USA. Go to App Store and download the YouTube TV app.
- After downloading the YouTube TV app, start the VPN. Connect to a USA server and start watching!
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV?
You need to change your location on your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV device from Canada to the USA if you want YouTube TV in Canada. Here is how you do that:
- Go to www.amazon.com and sign in with your account to see your order history, wish list, and more.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content”.
- Now change your region to the United States.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick to the TV, and then click on Settings.
- To log out, go to the settings and click on “log out”. To sign in the back, enter your email and password.
- Now, download the YouTube TV app from the App Store and also, download a VPN app.
- Open up the app that lets you connect to servers. Choose the server in America.
- Open the YouTube TV app and sign in. Then you can start watching.
What Can You Watch on YouTube TV in Canada?
|Channels on YouTube TV|
|ABC||Bravo||CNBC World||Disney XD|
|ESPN||FOX||Con TV||Disney Junior|
|ESPN 2||FOX News||Comet TV||Docurama|
|ESPN News||FOX Sport 1 (FS1)||CMT||E!|
|ESPN U||FOX Sport 2 (FS2)||Court TV||HGTV|
|CNN||Fox Business||Cozi TV||HLN|
|ACCN||Comedy Central||Dove||NFL Network|
|BET Her||CNBC||Disney Channel||Law & Crime|
|MSNBC||Cartoon Network/Adult Swim||Nat Geo||TeenNick|
|Motortrend||BBC America||Nat Geo Wild||TBS|
|MTV||BBC World News||NBC Golf Channel||TNT|
|MTV 2||Paramount Network||NBC Universo||TruTV|
|MTV Classic||Freeform||NBC Sports||TLC|
|Food Network||FXM||NECN||NBA TV|
|Cheddar||Investigation Discovery||Sundance TV||MLB|
|Cheddar News||IFC||SyFy||MLB Game of the Week|
For a full list of channels click here.
You can also watch YouTube TV on other things like handheld devices; this includes phones, tablets, and smart TVs.
How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada? FAQs:
How much is YouTube TV add-on?
Can I watch YouTube TV while travelling?
You can watch TV, but some programs might not be available in all places.
If you are a person who travels often, then make sure that you watch YouTube TV at least once every three months.
When is YouTube TV coming to Canada?
Is YouTube TV available in Canada?
No, YouTube TV is not available in Canada. However, To access the content, you must be located in the United States. If you are located in Canada, you will see the following geo-restriction message:
“Live local networks and YouTube videos on demand aren’t available in this country.”
To bypass this restriction, you can use a top-tier premium VPN such as ExpressVPN that has multiple servers in the United States.
Can you get a YouTube TV Canada free trial?
Yes, you can get a free trial of YouTube TV Canada. With a new subscription, you can try YouTube TV Canada for free. For the duration of 7 days, you’ll have access to over 85 channels in the Base Plan with a free trial. If you terminate your membership during your free trial, you will lose access to YouTube Canada.
What is YouTube TV cost in Canada?
Can you use a free VPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada?
YouTube TV is a great way to watch over 85 live TV channels. But we’re sad that it only works in the US.
However, with a VPN, you can watch YouTube TV from anywhere! A VPN tricks websites into thinking you are located in another location, which would be generally the United States – where YouTube TV is available.
With a VPN, you can explore anything without restrictions and without anyone stealing your data.
This means if you want to start watching YouTube TV in Canada but don’t know how to do it, then look no further!
It’s not too difficult of a process and I’ve already explained the required steps to answer you on how to watch YouTube TV in Canada?